Since Microsoft’s Build 2015 conference, and increasingly since Microsoft’s showing at E3, everybody (including me) has been talking about HoloLens, and its limited field of view (FoV) has been a contentious topic. The main points being argued (fought) about are:
- What exactly is the HoloLens’ FoV?
- Why is it as big (or small) as it is, and will it improve for the released product?
- How does the size of the FoV affect the HoloLens’ usability and effectiveness?
- Were Microsoft’s released videos and live footage of stage demos misleading?
- How can one visualize the HoloLens’ FoV in order to give people who have not tried it an idea what it’s like?